About Me

About Me: I am a result oriented professional with nearly 16 years of experience and presently associated with Boston Scientific as a Design Senior Engineer. I have sound experience in generating different concept designs as per PDS, concept development as per technical parameters, fine-tuning the concept to meet manufacturing & Assembly requirements and deriving test plan for Verification/Validation of final product. Demonstrative excellent in achieving design intent by using different Cad /Cam Tools. Good knowledge in advanced manufacturing technologies. An effective leader with an excellent communication & analytical skills, with an ability to think out-of-the-box.

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Introduction

       In 2009 & 2010, I was working on a project privately apart from my regular work. I took this project to satisfy my Brother's need. The Project is called as "Custom Built Power Wheelchair". I started the work in the month Oct 2009. This Product was entirely designed and built by me. It took almost 1 year for me to complete this, because I was working during weekends. Each and every part was manufactured with the help of local vendors, fabricators, etc - Thanks to them for their timely support. Now it is been used by my brother and he is happy roaming all around in it. It has been almost 2 years that he is using it and I can see the change in my Brother life style now. At first I thought I am just satisfying my brother need to commute from office to home, this was the reason why I didn't think of publishing this in any news paper or TV channels. The lifestyle which is he enjoying is far more different than what he was doing before he got this wheelchair. he goes to hotel for his lunch, buy groceries, go to shopping center, watch movies in theaters and list is endless. This is why I thought I will put this in internet so that if I get enough support and funds I will change the life style of all the peoples who are like my brother.

        Using this Blog, I want to share my experience on that particular 1 year work which I did on the Wheelchair for my Brother. I want every one who is reading this Blog to get inspired and do such thing which help our Physically Challenged Community to change their lifestyle.

        Before starting this, I would like to introduce my Brother. My Brother name is Manjunth Reddy. He is Tri-Plegic from Birth due to Cerebral Palsy, i.e., his both legs and Right hand does not work properly (Brain does not have full control on these limbs). He studied in a special school till 5th Standard. He could have continued in the same school and lived stress free, but from 6th standard he studied in a regular school. He did his Diploma in Computer Science in a Special Collage in Mysore. After this he continued to do Bachelor in Computer Science in regular collage. Now he is working in a company called "MindTree Consultancy" in Bangalore. All these year I have seen him struggle to fulfill his education and work needs. My parents, younger brother and myself have helped him in most of the situation but still it was not sufficient. He was always facing an issue with mobility. He avoided all the functions which happens in the family, he was depending upon others to go to Barber Shop, shopping malls, family tours, temples etc. So I was always thinking of helping him. One day he planned to buy a wheelchair from one of wheelchair manufacturer in Bangalore. The Wheelchair manufacturer organized a Demo at our home. I saw the product and it was very impressive, but price was too high for that kind of product, which my brother could not afford to buy it, so we sent him back. Me being a Mechanical Engineer by education & having more that 8 years of experience in designing and creating many product as a part of my job, I thought my self why cant I build a Wheelchair for him. So that day I told my Brother that if you wait for some time I will build a wheelchair which can be used both indoor and outdoor, he agreed for it. This is how it all begun and for the next one year I spent all my leisure time and monthly savings on this project


No comments:

Post a Comment